Increase Your Impact – Volunteer!
The Impact 100 Board of Directors is actively seeking members to serve on our Board of Directors and to participate on our Board committees. If you are still interested after reading the following information, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us which committee(s) interest you and someone will contact you.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for women who represent a diversity of experiences and technical skills who will help us make informed, well-balanced decisions. The Board is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging at the leadership level to achieve this goal.
What Committees Need Help?
Volunteering on one of our Board committees is a great way to learn about our operations. The Membership, Marketing, Fundraising, Scholarship (Leaders of the Future), and Annual Celebration Committees are all accepting new members at this time.
What About the Board of Directors?
Our Board of Directors runs our giving circle – we are an all-volunteer operation without any paid staff!
Here are some of the requirements for a member of the Board:
- Donate $1000 to Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis (i.e., be a full member)
- Regularly attend monthly board meetings
- Participate on at least one board-level committee to support specific tasks and/or responsibilities.
- Actively work to recruit and retain members.
- Attend Impact 100 events.
What Else Is Important to Know?
- What Board positions are available? We are currently seeking members to serve as our Board Secretary (minutes of meetings), to manage Membership Events, and serve as a Focus Area Committee Chair. We always welcome members with marketing/communications skills and fundraising skills.
- How long is this commitment? Terms are generally 3 years in length (unless completing a departing member’s incomplete term), with maximum of 2 consecutive terms.
- What’s a Board member’s liability? Board members are covered by a D&O (Directors and Officers) insurance policy, so do not have personal liability. The insurance includes website and data coverages.
- Who makes the decision on Board membership? Members are elected by the current Board.
- How do I apply? Send us an email at email@example.com. We’ll reply with the link to the online Board Member application form and more information.