Increase Your Impact – Join Our Board!
The Impact 100 Board of Directors is actively seeking members to serve on our Board of Directors for 2022-23 and to participate on our Board committees.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for women who represent a diversity of experiences and technical skills who will help us make informed, well-balanced decisions. The Board is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging at the leadership level to achieve this goal.
What Are the Responsibilities of our Board of Directors?
Our Board of Directors runs our giving circle – we are an all-volunteer operation. Here are some of the important
requirements for a member of the Board:
• Donate $1000 to Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis.
• Regularly attend monthly board meetings
• Participate on at least one board-level committees to support specific tasks and/or responsibilities.
• Actively work to recruit and retain members.
• Attend Impact 100 events.
What Else Is Important to Know?
- How long is this commitment? Terms are generally 3 years in length (unless completing a departing member’s incomplete term), with maximum of 2 consecutive terms.
- What’s a Board member’s liability? Board members are covered by a D&O policy.
- Who makes the decision on Board membership? Members are elected by the then current Board.
- What Board positions are available? For 2022, we are seeking applicants with marketing/communications skills, finance- including a CPA, a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Committee Co-Chair and fundraising skills. We are also interested in at-large members who will volunteer with the Board Committee and move into a Chair/Co-chair role after one year.
- How do I apply? Complete the Board Member application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What If I’m Not Ready to Join the Board but I Want to Increase My Involvement?
Volunteering on one of our Board committees is a great way to learn about our operations. Right now, we need members to serve on our Membership, Marketing, Fundraising, Scholarship, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging, and Annual Celebration Committees