Impact 100 has been an important part of the Indianapolis community since 2006, along with our annual goal of delivering more than $100,000 to nonprofits in the Greater Indianapolis community. Through our grants we have proven that collective giving works, and that a group of inspired women can accomplish much more than any one of us can alone.
The most important aspects of the Impact 100 model are:
- The Power of the Collective – By bringing together at least 100 women, each giving $1,000, we have a more profound impact on our community.
- One Membership = One Vote – Every Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis member has a vote in deciding where the money goes.
- Shared Memberships – Two to four women can pool their money to share a membership. Women in a Shared Membership have all the rights of a Full member except they share the membership’s one vote at the annual meeting.
- Choose Your Level of Involvement – The only membership requirement is to donate and participate in the vote at our annual meeting. But you can take your involvement further and serve on one of our committees simply by letting us know you’re interested.
- 100% of Member Donations Go to Grant Recipients and Are Given Away Each Year – One hundred percent of member donations received one year are returned to the community in the form of grants the next year. Membership donations must be made before December 31st of one calendar year to be part of the grant pool awarded the following calendar year. For example, a membership donation made in 2022 goes into the 2023 Grant Pool.
How do I join?
Joining is as easy as clicking one of these links:
- Impact 100 Online Membership Form (all forms of payment-see below)
- Impact 100 Printable Membership Form (all forms of payment-see below)
- Quick Full Membership Renewal (great for current Full Members who want to renew for next year)
- Quick Shared Membership Renewal (great for current Shared Members who want to renew for next year)
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis is an IRS recognized 501(C)(3) charitable organization. Your donation is tax deductible to the full extent permitted by law. All donor is kept secure, and we do not share or sell member information for any purpose.
How do I pay?
Impact 100 accepts the following methods:
- CHECK: made payable to Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis.
- CREDIT CARD: you can enter your credit card information when you sign up online (we do not have access to the credit card information you enter). If you choose to use the printable form you can print your card numbers on the form (US Mail only, please) or ask us to contact you to receive them over the phone. If you use a credit card, please consider donating an additional 5% to cover the transaction costs.
- APPLE PAY or GOOGLE PAY: using our online membership form with secure payment checkout.
- RECURRING PAYMENTS: you can set up regularly recurring credit card payments. You have control over how much is deducted, how often, and can change or cancel the payments at any time.
- GIFTED SECURITIES: Follow the instructions on the membership form and go to Donate Stock for the complete process.
- EMPLOYER MATCH: Please verify your employer will match your donation to Impact 100 and note how much you will pay and how much they will match to equal your membership donation on the Membership Form. You can pay your part of the membership donation using any of the other methods.
- UNITED WAY: You can designate the amount you wish to donate to Impact 100 through your annual United Way donation. Please be aware that United Way keeps up to 25% of your designation to cover their costs, and any employer United Way match will go to your local United Way agencies and not to Impact 100. Please consider designating or donating an additional 20-25% to cover the United Way fees.
- OTHER: If you have questions about other methods of making a membership donation, feel free to send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After I join, what’s next?
Your first step should be to review the New Member Orientation, and if you are a new Shared Member, you should also review the Shared Member FAQs. If you aren’t already on our mailing list, you will begin receiving our monthly newsletters and invitations to our events.
In late fall members receive the information they need to decide if they will serve on a Focus Area Committee (FAC) to participate in selecting our grant finalists. FACs begin meeting in January and meet monthly through April.
In January we hold a new member orientation where new and existing members can get to know each other. We’ll have other opportunities for members to mingle throughout the year with Follow the Impact and other events.
We are always looking for women interested in serving on Board Committees. Click here for more information on Committee opportunities and time commitments.
Are there other ways to support Impact 100?
Yes, we have many donors who support the women of Impact 100 without membership through one of our non-membership donation programs (note that members can also donate to these programs);
- Give to our Leaders of the Future Scholarship Program providing Impact 100 memberships to women at the beginning of their philanthropy-related careers (learn more about our Leaders of the Future Scholarship Program here)
- Make a Friends Donation to help cover our operational costs (learn more about non-membership donations here)