Congratulations to the young women philanthropists that will be part of Impact’s grant process in 2015—our 10th anniversary year—as scholarship recipients. We welcome Calvalyn Day, Jessica Fithen, Jill Harms, Rebecca James, Paula Katz, Chelsea Martin, Alyssa Starr Newerth, Caitlyn Potter, Vicki Rubio, and Caitlin Withers.
Here is a bit of background about some of the recipients:
- Calvalyn Day works at last year’s Impact 100 grantee, Social Health Association
- Jessica Fifthen works at another Impact 100 grantee, Rock Steady Boxing, and would like to see the “other side” of grantmaking
- Jill Harms also works at one of our grantees, Tindley Accelerated Schools
- Rebecca James works at the Boys and Girls Club of Indianapolis and has been employed in the nonprofit field for eleven years
- Chelsea Martin is new to Indianapolis and is an AmeriCorps VISTA employee
- Alyssa Star Newerth is a former Giving Sum member and is employed at Impact 100’s 2007 grantee, Indy Reads
- Caitlyn Potter works at the Indianapolis Public Library Foundation and is an AmeriCorps employee working at TeenWorks, where she manages program evaluation
- Vicki Rubio is employed at College Mentors for Kids and wants to expand her philanthropic knowledge and learn about collective giving
We are so pleased to have them be a part of our nonprofit selection process this year!